Sunday, July 11, 2010

Family matters

It's been a busy last couple of weeks in our family. I wasn't looking forward to the nightly phone calls when Mum and Dad got back from their trip, but lately the unusual amount of news from their end has justified the high phone call frequency.

I mentioned Uncle Dan's untimely passing in my last post. His funeral will be on Wednesday.

Last week my aunt, in her wisdom, tried to get my gran into a home without telling her. People arrived at my gran's door to whisk her away, and surprise surprise, she wasn't having any of it. In fact she went absolutely ballistic from what I can tell. So she's still at home after all that, and I'll give her a call tonight.

In better news, my brother is coming to New Zealand! After all my talk of spending "proper" time with him in the UK, we managed to completely miss each other. There was never a day when we were both free. We still talked on the phone and have exchanged several emails since. He'll fly into Christchurch on 18th August (the first time he'll have been in the country since 1997); I'm looking forward to that a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment