Tuesday, September 24, 2013

It's no choke

I'm back in Wellington now. I'll hopefully talk about Auckland in my next post.

So after this morning's race it's now 8-6, and the horribly overused word "choke" is rearing its ugly head. But to liken this turn of events to Greg Norman's collapse in the 1996 Masters is comparing apples with oranges. After each race they can make adjustments to the boat and personnel. Given the sort of money Oracle have at their disposal, things can change dramatically. The scheduling continues to defy common sense - the first race was postponed just long enough that a second race couldn't take place.

Check out this song (and video) from Mumford & Sons. I'm not sure I "get" the video (none of the people in it are band members) but I really like the song. I think it's brilliant that they've done so well - in 2013 it's an unlikely success story.

No comments:

Post a Comment