Monday, May 19, 2014

Exhausted...

I'm still feeling the effects of Saturday's climb, especially in my calf muscles.

We had our fortnightly "big team" meeting today. It took a surprise turn when all the managers left to enable everybody else to talk about them. "He's a great manager but a poor leader." That kind of thing. One woman who attended the meeting is some sort of management guru. She was writing frantically during the meeting. She splits her life evenly between Sydney and Wellington, crossing the Tasman every other week. For some reason I got chatting to her. She said she once had a mild heart attack and her blood pressure was found to be 230/130. Whoa. At that point her commutes between Australia and NZ became fortnightly instead of weekly. (Talking of Australia, after last week's budget - where in my opinion they made the right amount of cuts in all the wrong places - I'm glad I don't live there.)

After work today I went to the Malaysian place in the Left Bank arcade and had a nasi kampung with an omelette on top. That filled me up. On the TV they were showing an athletics meeting from Shanghai. While the 5000 metres was taking place, an enormous Russian bloke threw his last attempt at the javelin. It soared out to 82½ metres, only enough for fifth place, but he was clearly enjoying just being there. I could have sat there watching the athletics all evening, but instead I attended the autism group. I don't know how much longer I'll keep that up.

I'm not sure how much longer I can keep this blog up either. I've run out of things to say and ways to say them and I'm tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment