Thursday, March 19, 2009

Efexor

Today hasn't been a bad day really. I was struggling for the first two-thirds of it and wasn't totally coherent in my meeting with Andy. But I played tennis tonight against someone from my interclub team and managed to find an intensity level I haven't reached in months. So many of my recent matches have been played in slow motion, but tonight I couldn't get on with the next point fast enough. We were evenly matched and my lower unforced error rate proved decisive in my 6-4 6-4 win. A crucial moment I felt came towards the end of the first set. Despite playing two solid games, he played out of his skin, and my 5-2 lead was pegged back to 5-4. But instead of panicking and going into my shell as I've done so often lately, I stuck to my guns realising he was unlikely to play at that level for a third straight game, and if he does, well that's just too good.

I'll be coming off citalopram in the next few days and starting on Efexor (one F or two?) which seems to have more side effects than you can shake a stick at. It's a bit alarming for me because I already have some of those symptoms without taking Efexor. Apathy for one - Efexor could plunge me deep into don't-give-a-shit territory. Still, I'm strangely excited about the prospect of taking a new drug, having been on the same stuff for nearly eight years.

I'm still way behind at work, though I did wipe off some of the deficit yesterday. My goal is to get to work at 7:45 tomorrow, which is only nine hours away. This morning I was still in bed at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment