Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Whitewash

After Sunday's exploits on the pétanque piste (I'm sure that's not the right word for where you play pétanque, but it sounds good, especially if you're drinking Pastis at the time), I had a similar experience last night on the tennis court. We won our doubles 6-1 6-3, largely thanks to my partner who served out of his skin. One of our opponents, the one I later played in the singles, was unlucky enough to break a string in the early stages of the match and had to borrow a racket for the rest of the evening. We played our singles on Court 11, which for some reason has been a happy hunting ground for me in the past. Not normally this happy though, as I took out the match without dropping a game.

Back down to earth with a bump at work today. I missed a deadline because I didn't know what I was doing and had no-one to ask, and felt stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment