Sunday, July 5, 2009

Late night

Last night was a very late one for me. For most people, a late night normally involves alcohol, parties and other people, but my late night was spent in front of the computer and the TV. I played a single draw freeroll, making it through to the money round from that tournament at my fourth attempt, and watched the women's Wimbledon final which finished at around three.

There are a lot of clueless players in the early stages of a freeroll, and this one was no exception. Some of them were clearly trying to make flushes and full houses. On one occasion I made a nine and thought long and hard before calling a biggish raise. He/she showed down something like A8652, presumably thinking aces were low. I got frustrated as I kept missing my draws, but eventually the cards went my way and I made the top 56 with something to spare. As soon as I'd qualified, I just went all in so I could bust out and watch the tennis.

Unfortunately I correctly picked Serena to win (I've always preferred Venus over her sister) and she didn't even need three sets, though she did need a large helping of good fortune to make it to the final in the first place. The dominance on serve last night wasn't unlike a men's match: we didn't really get those bruising baseline rallies until the very last game. I'd love to watch the men's final tonight but I really do need to get some sleep.

I spent this afternoon at Julie's, helping her move to her apartment in Cheltenham. I felt good after all that heavy lifting; I could benefit from doing physical work now and again.

Yesterday I went to another open home. I quite liked what I saw but once again it's being sold at auction, and I'm not sure I should be making that sort of commitment just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment