Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Missing the target

Yesterday I found myself in another sticky situation at work - I had my appraisal report. As expected, I scored "below target" for a number of my objectives. With the country's economic report card looking as unhealthy as my personal one, I won't be getting a nice big fat bonus this time around. But that was the least of my worries. My boss didn't come down on me like a ton of bricks (I don't know why I thought she might - she's a good person) and she had no real problems with my decision to take a break from the next exam session.

Last night I went to the men's group where we watched the first half of Eagle Eye, an action thriller. I thought it was a decent movie but I wondered how appropriate it was for people with mental health problems. Apart from that, the week has so far been fairly uneventful. I went to the French club on Sunday and the boot camp tennis on Monday. Though Wimbledon is on poor man's TV this year, the coverage is woefully inadequate so I've seen hardly any of it. We're now down to just four women and eight men; I'm picking Serena to beat her sister in three sets in the women's final, while Federer is my pick to make it six Wimbledon titles with a four-set win over Andy Murray in the men's final. Those picks are based purely on gut instinct because I've unfortunately had nothing else to go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment