Friday, July 6, 2012

In recovery mode

I haven’t been well the last week, physically rather than mentally, although they are intertwined to some extent. I’ve had a cold – runny nose, chesty cough, sore throat and very little energy. I probably caught it at work. I’ve always been quick to pick bugs up and slow to shake them off. It's worth noting that during my job-free spell (most of 2010) I was also entirely bug-free.

Last Saturday I joined five other members of the depression group to see Rock of Ages at the movies. For something with so much potential I found the movie a disappointment, and frankly I wasn’t in the mood anyway.

I took Monday off but worked the rest of the week even though I didn’t get much better (if at all). Today I really had to drag myself out of bed. Work itself, on the four days I turned up, wasn’t too bad. It’s been a pretty uneventful week apart from the excitement of Tuesday night’s tremor.

The big news has come from the other side of the world. My brother’s girlfriend has landed a job in Christchurch and they’re both planning on making the big move to NZ in the next three months.

This weekend I’m planning to see Phil who has come down from Auckland for a brief stay. That’ll be more than enough for me as I try to get better. I might also watch some of the closing stages of Wimbledon. The men’s semis are tonight, with Federer taking on Djokovic and Murray playing Tsonga. I think the Murray–Tsonga encounter is almost a 50-50 match-up but as much as I’d like to see Murray do it, I only put his chances of lifting the trophy at 10%. As for the women, she struggled a bit in the earlier rounds (as she so often does) but after slamming down 24 aces in her semi (that’s an enormous number for two sets), Serena looks nailed-on for a fifth Wimbledon title.

Predictions:
Djokovic to beat Federer 3-1
Murray to beat Tsonga 3-2
Serena Williams to beat Radwanska 2-0

Djokovic to beat Murray 3-0.

No comments:

Post a Comment